Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Comments
Charleston, South Carolina
Art of Travel Group Trip
April 2015


Sarah:  ....What a wonderful trip!  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  I have so many wonderful memories.  I thought you covered so much so well.   The houses and gardens of course were superb.  The guides were wonderful, as was the Bluegrass concert.  I loved our dinners, and it was a treat to be with you at them.  Goodness!  As you know, I've heard nothing but raves about your trips.  Now I understand why.... You are very understated, calm, and delightful....A tour guide has to work very hard.  Yet, you don't appear harried at all!...  What a great group of women!  Of course that's what makes a trip too.....

Dena:  Many thanks for arranging a most enjoyable trip to Charleston.  A stellar group...a fantastic tour of this historic-beautiful-charming city, and such delicious "southern" eateries!  Plus viewing lovely homes and gardens.  A memorable time for all.  You are the BEST tour guide ever.  So glad I was part of the adventure.

Nancy:  While the trip is fresh in my mind, I am going to share some of my thoughts and reflections.  First of all, I so enjoyed that you organized the trip!  I have been on numerous "girl" trips and I am forever grateful to the one who has spent hours of coordination and planning to make the trip a success!  I thought you did a beautiful job at organizing the trip, in providing structure and flexibility at the same time....The accommodations were fine for me.  I understood that this was more of a budget tour in order to pay for the tours, guides, etc.  A room on any of these tours is only really for sleeping, showering and dressing.  I know there was some grumbling from a few about the accommodations, but I was glad you did not book a four star hotel.  It was not necessary....In terms of what we saw, I felt we received a very good overview of the architecture, history, antiques of Charleston....I enjoyed meeting some new people who had the interest in seeing the gardens, architecture, art and furniture.  Thank you again for all that you did for us!

Sandy: I agree with all that Nancy said but as you know many were upset with the accommodations.  At this stage I would like to stay in places unique to the area, nicer with more amenities,i.e., more upscale.  Many in the group agree.  I think you understand.  Also, I think we need to stick to smaller groups.  It make for a more intimate group.

Nancy #2: 
"I love Charleston just not the noseums that found me the last night!  All the restaurants were great, and, I really liked Fig.  It's always fun to get to know people better which I had the chance to do on this trip.  Thank you for putting it altogether and giving us new experiences."


No comments:

Post a Comment